Fulham Reach BC – Community Head Coach (Part-time)
We are looking for someone who is passionate about opening access to rowing and can show a clear commitment to helping their rowers enjoy the sport.
About Fulham Reach Boat Club
Fulham Reach Boat Club (FRBC) is an award-wining charity which exists to create a world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstances. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and teamwork skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
- Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
- Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
- Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
- Tackle ‘Holiday Hunger’ during the summer break for those children most in need.
About the Post Holder
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. We are looking for someone who is passionate about opening access to rowing and can show a clear commitment to helping their rowers enjoy the sport.
You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in coaching a rowing club or squad. You will be the sort of person who thinks like a team player, has the desire to open up access to rowing and is not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong teamwork skills. You will be highly organised and able to manage your time efficiently and effectively.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for ensuring that our community adult groups take part in safe and enjoyable sessions throughout the year as well as making sure we attend key races on the calendar. The role will also take the lead on coached adult membership, volunteering, and future adaptive rowing.
Finally, it will manage all the internal squad communications to the membership via established channels such as Ludum. This is a very visible role within FRBC and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how their own values align with our vision of ‘Rowing for All’.
- Generous company pension
- Free use of FRBC gym, equipment and facilities
- Access to FRBC learning and development, including a community of learning with 40 professional coaches
- Opportunities to complete additional career development courses
- Hybrid working environment
- Work use of FRBC towing vehicle and laptop
- FRBC social events throughout the year
- Deliver safe and enjoyable sessions to the adult groups at FRBC
- Prepare water and land training programme for Adults with a wide range of abilities, from beginner through to those more experienced.
- Be the key contact for all membership enquiries and volunteering
- Manage the membership database
- Lead a team of assistant coaches on the water
- Represent FRBC both internally and externally at certain events throughout the year
Essential skills and experience
- At least two years’ experience in coaching a rowing club or squad
- British Rowing L2 Coach
- RYA L2 Powerboat
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation.
Additional skills and experience
- Volunteer management
- Adaptive rowing and working with disabled people.
To apply please submit a Covering Letter and CV to Info@fulhamreachboatclub.com
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000 (20 hrs per week), dependent on experience
Type: Part time
Application Dates: From Tuesday 5th December 2023 to Friday 5th January 2024