Webinar Invitation: Demystifying Paralympic rowing classification
Calling all coaches! Join us for a free webinar on Thursday, 2 November at 6pm to find out how to identify club rowers who may be eligible for the Paralympic pathway
Why are we running this webinar?
We’re looking for the GB Rowing Team’s next generation of Paralympians.
Many of our Para-rowers in the PR3 category come from clubs where they were rowing successfully in mainstream events but were unaware that they were eligible for Para classification.
That’s why we need club coaches’ help in signposting athletes to the GB Para-rowing pathway. However, we also know that coaches may not be familiar with the classification criteria and may not even be aware that their athletes have impairments.
To address this, this webinar will cover:
- The different Para-rowing categories: PR1, PR2 and PR3
- The 7 Reasons for Classification (Impaired Muscle, Impaired Range of Movement, Limb Deficiency, Hypertonia, Ataxia, Athetosis, Vision Impairment)
- Competitive disabilities within each category
- How to spot these in a club setting including examples, with a focus on impaired range of movement
- The importance of signposting individuals to the Para pathway
- The difference between adaptive rowing and Para-rowing.
You can find out basic information about Para-rowing classification here.
Who is the webinar for?
All rowing coaches as well as club captains and anyone else who could help us to identify future Paralympians from existing rowers in their club.
It will be led by Simon Goodey, Paralympic Classification and Coach Education Consultant.
The webinar is on Thursday, 2 November 2023 at 6pm for a maximum of an hour.
It will be held on Zoom. We’ll send you the link when you register.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.