Women’s Development Day (15 October): Open for registrations
Identifying, inspiring and supporting the female GB rowers of the future
The GB Rowing Team (GBRT) is hosting a Women’s Development Day at the National Water Sports Centre (NWSC), Nottingham on Saturday, 15 October 2022 for women who meet a certain height and age criteria. The day is open to as many women as possible who meet the criteria, however new they are to the sport. Even if you have only been rowing a few weeks we would like to meet you if you are ambitious and/or competitive.
Register to attend here (please complete the link for each person attending the day).
Who is it for?
- Any female rower over 176cm tall, aged 15-23, who aspires to row for Great Britain.
- Any level of rowing experience from beginner upwards.
- Coaches also welcome and encouraged to attend and support their rowers.
- A unique opportunity to bring as many female rowers with GB potential together as possible, in one place to learn from current GB Rowing coaches, staff, and athletes, including Olympic Women’s Head Coach Andrew Randell.
- Gain an understanding of what it means to row for GB and what’s required to progress in the sport.
- Meet other female rowers with similar aspirations from across the country
09:30 Arrive at the NWSC, Nottingham
10:00 Welcome and briefing in the main building at the NWSC
10:15 Presentation – The GBRT Women’s Programme and why row for GB?
11:15 Workshop 1 (Those attending will be split in to 2 groups to attend either an Strength and Conditioning Workshop or a Female Athlete Health Workshop)
12:30 Lunch (all attendees to provide their own lunch)
13:15 Workshop 2 (Those attending will be split in to 2 groups to attend either an Strength and Conditioning Workshop or a Female Athlete Health Workshop)
14:15 Presentation from an athlete – Life as an Olympian
15:15 Ergo session including a 1,000m @ 24 and a 250m @ 40-44
16:45 Debrief and Wrap-Up so that everyone can depart by 17:00