Notice of the British Rowing AGM 2020
The Thirty Seventh Annual General Meeting of British Rowing Ltd will be held on Monday 28 September, 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Thirty Seventh Annual General Meeting of British Rowing Ltd will be held at 6.00pm on Monday 28 September, 2020.
Owing to the restrictions of COVID-19 the 2020 AGM is to be held electronically. Therefore, exceptionally, only the Board and Members will attend (that is your Regional Representatives). It is intended that a further meeting will be held for both Affiliated Members and individually registered members of British Rowing. This is planned for later this year; it will be attended by the Board and the Directors’ team of British Rowing and your questions will be welcomed.
If you wish to raise any matter relating specifically to the business to be transacted please contact your Regional Representative.
1. Chair’s Welcome
2. Apologies for Absence
3. To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 12 October 2019
4. To receive the accounts of the Company for the year ended 31st March 2020, together with the reports of the Directors and Auditors
5. That haysmacintyre be appointed as auditors of the Company to hold office until conclusion of the next General Meeting at which Accounts are laid before the Company and to authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration
6. Appointment of Directors
7. To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolution which will be proposed as a Special Resolution, that –
With effect from 1 October 2020, the existing Memorandum and Articles of Association of British Rowing Limited be amended by adding additional wording in italics as follows:
51. British Rowing shall hold an Annual General Meeting and may hold General Meetings. If the Board so determines, an Annual General Meeting and/or a General meeting may be held by entirely by electronic means, or other communication facility that permits all participants to communicate adequately with each other during the meeting. Participation in a meeting by a Member pursuant to this Article 51 shall constitute presence in person at such meeting for the purposes of these Articles.
a) British Rowing shall hold an Annual General Meeting in every calendar year at such time and place (including electronically) as may be determined by the Board, and shall specify the meeting as such in the notice calling it, provided that every Annual General Meeting shall be held not more than fifteen months after the holding of the past preceding Annual General Meeting. Subject to the foregoing, British Rowing shall hold its Annual General Meetings between 1st August and 31st December inclusive in each year.
53. Any motions for discussion at a General Meeting not originating from the Board shall be signed on behalf of at least fifty per cent (50%) of the Members entitled to vote and lodged with British Rowing before such date as may be specified by the Board being not more than two months and not less than one month before the date of such Meeting.
54. At least fourteen days’ notice in writing of every General Meeting (exclusive in every case both of the day on which it is served or deemed to be served and of the day for which it is given), specifying the place (including electronically), the day and the hour of meeting, and in the case of special business the general nature of that business, shall be given to each Member and Affiliated Member and to such other persons (including the Auditors) entitled to receive such notices from British Rowing. Notice may be sent by post or by electronic means.
This notice, with the link to this page has been emailed to all Affiliated Members (as defined by the Memorandum and Articles of Association).
Any Member entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy. Such proxy need not be a Member of British Rowing. All proxy votes must be notified to the Company Secretary using the form that will be provided to them. All forms are to be returned to email@example.com by 5:00pm on 25 September 2020.
By Order of the Board
Head of Legal & Governance
11 September 2020
Download the AGM papers by clicking on the links below: