Marlow RC plans star-studded fund-raiser
Sir Steve Redgrave will join a host of famous rowers in March, at a fund-raising dinner in aid of the Marlow RC Fire Fund Appeal.
Held on Friday 7th March at The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Marlow, the President’s Celebrity Dinner and Auction will also feature London 2012 Gold medallist Katherine Grainger, as well as Olympic and Paralymic Champions Sir Matthew Pinsent, Naomi Riches and Zac Purchase.
Two and a half years after losing its clubhouse to a devastating fire, the club is well on its way to raising the £2.3 million funds needed to build a brand new Watersports Hub – a centre for rowing, sculling, para-rowing canoeing, swimming and triathlon in the local community.
With more than £2m already secured – including a £1m grant from Sport England – the club hopes that the President’s Celebrity Dinner and Auction will bring them another step closer to completing an ambitious project for the community.
“It is my honour to host the Presidents Dinner to raise funds to rebuild Marlow Rowing Club,” said Sir Steve. “I have been involved with the club for many years and I know how important the club is to the local community and how well it has served our athletes in the past as well as the tremendous work they will do to ensure Olympic rowers for the future. The event will be one-of-a-kind… a great opportunity for people to be involved and meet celebrity sporting champions.”
It’s your chance to mix with Olympians/celebrity sportsmen from the world of sport during the extravaganza evening and to take part in the auctions.
Tickets for the event cost £60 per person or £550 for a table of £10, with unique prizes on offer including:
- ‘Two guests to go with Sir Steve the next time he is on Question of Sport. You will be driven personally by Steve to the studio, champagne in the car, in the studio for the recording at which Steve is in the team, and in the Green Room for the other two recordings plus meeting up with the other celebrity guests.’
- ‘One person to caddy for Sir Steve at the BMW pro-celebrity golf at the elite Wentworth Golf Club.’
- ‘A stay at Sir Steve and Lady Ann’s luxury penthouse in Marbella, Spain.’
- ‘A once-in-a-lifetime one-and-a-half hour flight or lesson in a plane over Marlow, with a drink of your choice in the WWII bar afterwards.’
- ‘A special day out at Great Windsor Park polo for 4 people (lunch and tea available).’
- ‘Limited edition picture of Marlow Rowing club and river.’
- ‘A evening’s entertainment at the Assembly Rooms comedy night to include food for two people.’
- ‘Gatesby tailor made Eton shirt.’
- ‘A brand new bike valued at approximately £600.’
- ‘A day at Ascot Races for two people with full hospitality.’
For more information, visit www.marlowrowingclub.org.uk.