GB Rowing Team Universities’ Conference
The 2012 GB Rowing Team Universities’ Conference offers a unique opportunity to meet and learn from some of the top names in international and university rowing.
Fresh from Team GB’s stunning performance at the London 2012 Olympic Rowing Regatta, Team Leader and British Rowing International Manager David Tanner CBE heads a list of speakers packed with experience at the top of our sport.
The GB Rowing Team’s Start Manager, Steve Gunn, and Junior & U23 Coach, Peter Sheppard, are also confirmed speakers at the two-day conference, along with High Performance Coach Mark Earnshaw and Technical Co-ordinator Rosie Mayglothling.
The conference, held at The Copthorne Hotel, Slough/Windsor on Thursday 20-Friday 21 September, will provide valuable information for rowing Coaches, Club Captains, and Directors of Sport.
As well as opportunities to meet some of the coaches and staff behind GB extraordinary success this summer, there will also be presentations from Peter Warburton OBE (Director of Sport at Durham University), Richard Spratley (Director of Rowing at Oxford Brookes University Boat Club), and Jamie Wilton (Head Coach, University of Worcester Rowing Club).
Themes are set to include:
- The attractiveness of the rowing community to the business world,
- Lessons from successful University Programmes, including winning at Henley and managing Novice intake,
- Building the next generation – How can the roles of the Director of Sport, the Coach and the Captain play their part,
- British Rowing Technique,
- Strong and safe trunks,
- Managing transitions – School to University, Year 1 novice to year 2 rower, University to club.
- The Olympic Experience